Wednesday, June 26, 2013

2013 Dakota's Tour Begins

After leaving for Kansas City last Saturday, Stephen connected with his friend and former co-worker Chad and enjoyed a round of golf in Kansas City that he arranged. From there traveled to Sioux Falls, SD and played golf on Sunday with Derrick a sponsor in last years Sioux Falls event.  Derrick and his wife are so excited to be expecting their first child in the near future and the visit was very enjoyable.

Hit the road on Monday morning and arrived at grandmother Schweitzer's, in Jamestown, ND around noon.  After some lunch, left to meet my last summer's coach to pick up some clubs he had m ade for me.  Showed him my swing and he called his students out to watch me hit.  That's a really good feeling.  Think I'm off to a good start.

Traveled to Vermillion on Wednesday and checked into camp grounds.  Tried out the new A/C that my brother and I installed in his conversion van that he let me borrow for the trip and it works well. Should sleep like a baby tonight. Practice round today, qualifier tomorrow then tournament play, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Got a good feeling about this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment